Short Thumb Spica
Immobilizes the base of the thumb to stabilize injuries to the ulnar collateral ligament (UCL) commonly known as Gamekeeper’s thumb, fractures or avulsion injuries to the proximal first phalanx or distal first metacarpal, severe sprains of the thumb, or for arthritic conditions involving the metacarpohalangeal (MCP) joint. Not made with natural rubber latex.
Required HCPC: L3923 CST/L3924 OTS
FEATURES & BENEFIT
- The ability to thermoform and custom fit the Brace to the patient’s extremity ensures a comfortable fit.
- Trim or adjust the thumb section to allow better IP flexion.
Three Keys to Success with Exos
- Not Too Tight – Wear it Right and leave some “WIGGLE ROOM”
- If the brace and skin get wet, they “CAN’T STAY WET”
- Keep your “SKIN AND BRACE CLEAN AND DRY”
Please download the attached PDF document for the full document on how to care for your Exos.